I’ve two words that describe winter date ideas in Edmonton – we’re lucky. There are many opportunities for us to get out there, enjoy ourselves and find somewhere cozy to warm up. If you need a bit more inspiration to get out of the dinner and a movie rut, or you want to try something new, we’ve got you covered.
Need a bit of Edmonton date inspiration? Start with a few of these:
- The Night Chicago Died – Murder Mystery Night at Fort Edmonton Park. Tickets are $98/person, so a splurge, but come with a full three course dinner, wine and a full night of entertainment. (Tickets)
- Bundle up and spend the evening walking through the ice castle in Hawrelak Park. You can get discounted tickets if you ‘share’ from their Facebook page (save an extra $4)
- Lace up the skates and skate the Freezeway at Victoria Park
- Get dinner and a movie at the VIP Theatre for only $50/two people. That makes it easy to get the VIP experience, without breaking the bank.
- Ski for free on Friday nights once a month at Edmonton Ski Club, or take advantage of $10 lessons.
- Take a guided snowshoe tour through the River Valley with River Valley Adventure Co.
- Take a couples Yoga class together at Soul Fitness Studios
- Join the excitement that is the Party at Telus World of Science for Dark Matters. January’s theme is Aurora. You can dabble in light painting, get a drink from the bar and it even includes admission to Beyond the Rubiks Cube. Best part? Tickets are under $20!
- Get tickets for Nerd Nite 24 and learn something new
- Drop in on a Wednesday night to the Art Gallery of Alberta and check out one of the drop in classes: typography, cartoon collections and mixed media portraits, mask making or DIY wallpaper. Classes are $16/18 and you can register here.
- Speaking of art galleries – you can drop in or take part in the full session for Yoga in the Gallery, where you can do Yoga in the Gallery
- Get a group of friends together and drop in for a game of laser tag at Edmonton Paintball Centre (There’s drop in paintball too)
- Cozy on up inside and binge watch something on Netflix while you order Sunterra’s Friday Night Feast – it’s an easy way to get out of cooking
- Take part in one of the biggest snowball fights you’re ever going to witness. You have to sign up to get on the list to find out when + where.
- Put on your plaid shirt and head out to Axehole where you can take turns learning to throw axes and trying to hit the target. There’s a great combination of games and technique in the session.
- Winefest in February is an all-inclusive event allows you to ‘try before you buy’ within a casually refined atmosphere – every sip and sample is included in the ticket price.
- Warm up at Cavern, where they’re serving up hot cocoa made with the local delicious chocolate couture shop, Jacek Chocolate.
- Speaking of chocolate, have you considered a delicious chocolate tasting as a night out? You can even find options that pair the chocolate with wine, or coffee.
- Lace up those skates and head out to the Legislature after dark, the romantic twinkle of the lights and gorgeous patch of ice makes for big romance
- Try your hand (and your mind) at one of the escape rooms in Edmonton. One of our favourite recent rooms is Morning Never Comes at Smarty Pantz.
- Take a brewery tour at Yellowhead Brewery or head back for Brunch and check out the spread on Sunday mornings.
- Get on your ski pants and head out to Sunridge to go Snow Tubing – changes this year mean you’re going to get more time on the hill. Buy tickets ahead of time for the best results.
- Check out the outdoor Neon Sign Museum after grabbing a cup of your favourite coffee or hot cocoa
- Take part in drop in dodgeball on Friday nights
- Sign up for one of the awesome upcoming events at Evoolution where you can learn more and taste a new type of olive oil.
What are some of your favourite winter date nights in Edmonton?